The Comprehensive Healthcare Interpreter Training Program is our most extensive medical interpreter course. It provides theoretical and practical training for aspiring and professional medical interpreters. The course is composed of 8 units. Each unit in the course contains a section on:
- the Healthcare System in the U.S.
- a Body System
- Medical devices, tests, and procedures
- Interpreter Ethics
- Interpretation Theory
- Interpretation Practice Exercises
With this course, students will be able to:
1. Expand their knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system and medical procedures.
2. Build an extensive base of “ready-to-use” linguistic equivalents of medical and special terminology.
3. Improve their interpretation skills with the help of an instructor (Packages 3-5).
4. Gain a better understanding of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for medical interpreters.
The Comprehensive Interpreter Training Program is offered in the following five packages.
Length of access: 24 weeks